Choosing What To Do Next
Motability Scheme car leases usually run for 3 years from the date that you took delivery of your car (or 5 years for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles).
If you choose to stay with Motability and get another vehicle you can place an order for your next Motability car at an accredited Motability dealership 3 months before the end date of your current lease agreement. The quicker you order your new vehicle, the more likely it is that the vehicle will be built and delivered to the dealership so it's ready when the time comes to swap over to your new vehicle. It should also allow enough time to get any adaptations ordered and fitted to your vehicle if you need them.
Renewing With The Motability Lease Scheme
If you do decide that staying with Motability and choosing another car is the right thing for you, we think it’s a great idea to start giving some thought to which vehicle you’d like to order next around 4 to 5 months before your lease is up. Do your research, check out all the latest Motability Advance Payment prices (Motability price lists are updated every 3 months) and take a couple of test drives in cars that you like.
When you’ve chosen the vehicle you want, you’ll be ready to place an order with the Motability Scheme specialist at the dealership.
Here are a few bits of advice you'll hopefully find useful:
- Remember you’ll need to have at least 12 months remaining on your Mobility Allowance to be able to place your order.
- If you are changing to a new manufacturer you don’t have to worry about taking your current vehicle back to the dealership you originally got it from. The new dealer will be able to carry out all the necessary checks that Motability require, making switching over to your new vehicle as simple and stress-free as possible.
- If you know there's a long waiting list for the vehicle that you want, try asking your local dealer if they'll reserve a factory built slot for you. This would increase the likelihood of you getting your new Motability vehicle on time.
- If you’ve placed an order but the vehicle isn’t ready on time (perhaps because there’s been a delay at the factory), the dealer should be able to arrange a short-term extension to the lease on your current vehicle.
There’s a huge range of around 2,000 cars, MPV’s and SUV’s to choose from with just over 300 models currently available to order with no Advance Payment required, so there's bound to be something that's right for you.
When ordering your next Motability vehicle, don't forget to take these with you:
- The certificate of entitlement from the DWP or Veterans UK
- Your driving licence
- Proof of your address
- Any named drivers’ driving licence and consent. Remember any named drivers must give consent, either in the showroom or by filling out a Driver Consent Form.
Which Price List Can I Order From?
January 2020 Quarter 4 2019 February 2020 Quarter 4 2019 March 2020 Quarter 4 2019 April 2020 Quarter 1 2020 May 2020 Quarter 1 2020 June 2020 Quarter 1 2020 July 2020 Quarter 2 2020 August 2020 Quarter 2 2020 September 2020 Quarter 2 2020 October 2020 Quarter 3 2020 November 2020 Quarter 3 2020 December 2020 Quarter 3 2020 The Month You Change Your Motability Car Earliest Motability Price List You Can Order From
What Happens If I Don’t Want To Renew My Lease?
If you don’t want to lease another car through the Motability Scheme, you just need to arrange to return the vehicle back to a Motability-accredited car dealership. The dealer will complete a MOT test and carry out further checks on the vehicle to help Motability decide whether or not it qualifies for the Motability Good Condition Bonus. Motabilty will then liaise with the relevant benefits agency to make sure your Mobility Allowance money is reinstated.
Alternatively, if you just want to keep your current vehicle for a bit longer, in some circumstances Motability will let you extend the existing agreement by another 12 or 24 months (if your car has very low mileage for example). Speak to Motability if you’d like to discuss the possibility of doing this.
Start Your Motability Car Search
With Motability, people with a disability and their carers can enjoy carefree motoring and a brand new car and none of the worry or costs that normally come with owning and having to maintain your own vehicle.
The Motability lease package includes comprehensive insurance, servicing and maintenance by qualified technicians, full RAC breakdown assistance, replacement tyres, replacement windscreens and a huge 60,000 mileage allowance all included in the price.
If you’re eligible for Motability, call or visit a Motability-accredited dealership to arrange a test drive and begin the process of ordering your next new car.