Do you qualify for Motability? If you currently receive one of the following benefits, you should qualify for the Motability Scheme:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HMRC DLA)
- In Scotland, the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (CDP) or the Enhanced Rate Mobility Part of Adult Disability Payment (ADP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Even if you don’t drive or haven’t passed your test yet, you can still lease a Ford through the Motability Scheme by nominating someone else to drive the car on your behalf.
You simply ‘swap’ the Mobility part of your benefit and in exchange you get a brand new Ford for 3 years. Pretty much all of the day-to-day running costs are included, all you pay for is the fuel. The Motability package includes:
- A 60,000 mile allowance over 3 years
- All annual servicing and maintenance costs are covered
- RAC breakdown assistance is included
- Annual road tax is included
- Windscreen and tyre replacement (including fitting) is included
- Fully comprehensive insurance for up to 3 named drivers included
- A choice of manual or automatic gearbox
- Help with adaptations (many at no extra cost)
Many of the trim levels in the Ford Motability range are available to order with £0 Advance Payment, though some larger and higher specification vehicles will require an initial Advance Payment that’s payable when you collect the car.
Before you visit a Ford dealership, make sure you do a little research so you have an idea of the type of car that’ll be right for you and your family. In addition, so you know of any potential additional costs don’t forget to look through the Motability Advance Payment prices currently being advertised at Ford dealers near you.